During this two-day class, you will start by exploring the bare bones of Drupal theming and proceed step-by-step through completing a custom theme. Learn development best practices using a well-tested theming framework. We'll cover theme coding methods in-depth, including how to use pre-process and theme functions to get fine-grained control. Come away from this class understanding not only how to create and work with Drupal themes but also how to ensure your themes are secure and stable.
By the end of the training you will:
- Understand the anatomy of the Drupal theming system
- Know how to create a theme for your website
- Know how to alter the look of Views output
- Be able to locate and override markup produced by Drupal through theme functions
- Be able to change contents of variables in templates
Be familiar with secure and safe best practices for accessing and displaying data
- We'll begin the workshop at 9:00AM and finish at 6:00PM each day.
- Participants must provide their own laptops for the class. Information on system and software requirements will be provided after registering.
- Participants will receive printed manual which outlines step-by-step activities.
- Lunch is included on both days.
Site building experience with Drupal or completion of Drupal in a Day and Site builder training. Experience with HTML and CSS and some understanding of PHP is recommended.
Acquia’s Drupal Training instills Drupal knowledge in designers and developers through on-site classroom-style courses. They develop and maintain a standardized Drupal curriculum so that partners like Advantage Labs can deliver up-to-date training information at a lower cost.
Advantage Labs courses are delivered by 2 expert instructors, and class size is limited to 12 people to ensure that all of your questions are answered.
You will receive a complete, printed manual so that you can revisit the training exercises as needed.