Drupal on ramp
Get a running start with your web project by learning Drupal skills and applying them to your real-world project.
Drupal 7 in a day training class
Get a solid introduction to Drupal 7 in an intensive one-day training class. Learn essential concepts, build rich functionality, and apply best-practices through hands-on exercises. You will build a new site from the ground up while learning the the key steps for creating and administering any Drupal site.
Planning roadmap and support
After the class, we’ll work with you to apply these concepts to your own projects. At a one-on-one planning session, we’ll model our proven process to combine your new technical skills with the planning, content and communication strategies for sustainable web management. With a project roadmap tailored specifically to your needs, you'll be prepared to dive right in. To keep the momentum rolling, you’ll have access access to weekly skill-building sessions where you can get help and share ideas.
There’s no further cost or obligation to work with Advantage Labs, but if you find the planning process and support resources helpful, you can join our Catalyst program at an introductory rate.
By the end of the Drupal 7 in a Day class you will you will be able to:
- get a basic Drupal site up and running
- identify how Drupal sites are constructed
- select, install and configure modules and themes from Drupal.org
- create content and configure content types
- create listings of content
- manage user roles and accounts
- manage search-engine-friendly URLs
- create blocks and place them in the layout
Our Drupal project onramp consultation includes:
- 1 planning session:
- review your project's goals and resources
- identify your team and decision making process
- whiteboard your site's initial content structure
- project charter document
- detail your project’s goals and objectives
- provide details on your team’s resources and timeline
- set a course for ongoing development or management
- 1 month to participate in Advantage Labs' Lab Hours
- discount on an optional 3-month enrollment in our Catalyst Program
- We'll begin the workshop at 9:00AM and finish at 6:00PM.
- Participants must provide their own laptops for the class. Information on system and software requirements will be provided after registration.
- Participants will receive printed manual which outlines step-by-step activities.
- Lunch is included.
Recommended prerequisites (helpful but not required):
- Experience using and building websites using content management systems (CMS) like Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress or equivalent
- Basic understanding of how content management systems (CMS) function
This class is limited to the first 12 registrants.
$450 Introduction to Drupal workshop participants
$350 Advantage Labs Alliance & Catalyst Program members
Acquia’s Drupal Training instills Drupal knowledge in designers and developers through on-site classroom-style courses. They develop and maintain a standardized Drupal curriculum so that partners like Advantage Labs can deliver up-to-date training information at a lower cost.
Advantage Labs courses are delivered by 2 expert instructors, and class size is limited to 12 people to ensure that all of your questions are answered.
You will receive a complete, printed manual so that you can revisit the training exercises as needed.